Loading...
Thursday, April 25, 2013

A little bit of my background on MS Access


Here are my brief background related to MS Access. I really started working with MS Access in the year 2000. However, my MS Access learning started 2 years earlier in the class. MS Access was introduced to me when I studied at Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) in 1998. Back then, I really didn't  have any so called idea why and how I would put it to work in the real world.

MS Access 97 was the first MS Access version that I used. The reason we chose MS Access at the time was because the Application and Server architecture was widely used. Moreover, MS Access was a very good and fast report developing tool, easy and fast to build GUI, which is called form. MS Access, as you know, can be database it self. But, if you are about to implement it on your organization or really put it to use, I wouldn't recommend it. I will share with you why it is not a good idea to keep your value data in MS Access database.

MS Access 2003 was the second version we used after we have used MS Access 97 for many years. Microsoft had improved this version a lot, mostly the engine. What I called engine is the functions behind it. So, when it was the time to convert our application from MS Access 97 to MS Access 2003, we had to change our code quite a lot.

Now I am using MS Access 2007 to develop an application for a friend of my wife.



Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
TOP